SN(oo)py is a python package that contains many tools for the analysis of TypeIa supernovae. It is not a fixed altorithm for fitting lightcurves, but rather a collection of tools that are useful for building your own fitter (or fitting interactively). SNpy has the following capabilities and tools:
- SNIa lightcurve template generator in the CSP passbands: uBVgriYJHK, as well as Jose-Louis Prieto's templates for BVRI.
- Computation of K-corrections based on Eric Hsiao's SNIa SED template or Peter Nugent's SED template, including color-matching (coming soon: using real observed spectra).
- Interactive plotting of light-curve data and models (and spectra).
- LM non-linear least-squares fitting of light-curve data based on CSP or Prieto templates and their respective low-z calibrators.
- Computation of reddening laws based on the Cardelli et al. extinction law.
- Estimates of Milky-Way Extinction based on the dust maps of Schlegel et al.
- Various types of spline fitting (Diercx, hyper-spline, and tension splines).
- Module for dealing with filters and spectra.